entrance door of this small representation hall in the
16th century style bears the inscription: “Animus in
audiendo benignus” (Courtesy in audiences).
In this hall is one of the most beautiful
and renowned images of Saint Marino. Here, the
Saint is blessing his town, which he holds in his hands.
Traditionally attributed to the Guercino, this painting
has recently been ascribed to Bartolomeo Gennari
(1594-1661), one of his pupils and collaborators.